[darcs-devel] [issue556] wishlist: default repository for darcs pull and push

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Nov 27 12:57:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:17:58PM -0000, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> This was discussed in detail a couple of years ago.  Basically, David believes
> that the current default behaviour is more intuitive and easier to explain.
>
> I happen to disagree with David, so I implemented the --no-set-default option,
> and have
>
>   ALL no-set-default
>
> in my ~/.darcs/defaults .
>
>                                                  Juliusz
>
> P.S. I have other disagreements with Darcs' default defaults, so my full
> defaults file reads
>
>   ALL no-set-default
>   ALL no-test
>   send unified

I'm willing to reconsider these defaults.  I'd rather leave the default
--test for record, but making send default to unified or switching to make
--no-set-default the default wouldn't be a problem--except we'd want to
ensure that there was some sort of consensus, and that we wouldn't
immediately have folks clamoring for a return to the old behavior.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University