[darcs-devel] Building darcs on Solaris 10 i386 experience

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Nov 28 16:21:34 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007, at 8:38 AM, David Roundy wrote:

> Yes, we would be interested in having such a system.  It would be
> especially helpful if darcs developers were given accounts on at
> least some
> of the machines in the BuildBot cluster, particularly those weird
> platforms
> (e.g. Windows) that many of us don't otherwise have access to.

A nice feature of BuildBot's design is that anybody can run a
"buildslave" on their own machine, and the buildslave communicates
with the "buildmaster" over SSL to coordinate builds and report results.

So, for example, we can run a buildmaster on the machine that hosts
the official darcs repositories (if appropriate, or another machine
if appropriate), and then everyone who wants to can run on their own
workstation a buildslave which will perform builds (and tests) and
report results to the buildmaster.

Make sense?

http://buildbot.net

Regards,