[darcs-devel] [issue550] Pulling many patches pegs my cpu.

nathan wilcox bugs at darcs.net
Thu Oct 18 15:01:42 UTC 2007

New submission from nathan wilcox <nejucomo at gmail.com>:

Hello,

I seem to have encountered an efficiency bug.  Can anyone suggest ways
to investigate the cause?

When I say darcs pull in a certain project it says there are 260
patches, and if I say "a" for all, my cpu gets pegged for a long time.
 I've been doing darcs pull,
then accepting a few at a time, but it'll take forever that way.

I ran darcs pull -a overnight to see what happens, and it is still
running a large fraction (95% according to top) of cpu.  The memory
consumption seems relatively flat at just under 60 megs.

For now I'll leave it running, just for good measure.

Thanks,
Nathan Wilcox

nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, nejucomo, tommy
status: unread
title: Pulling many patches pegs my cpu.