[darcs-devel] ssh ControlMaster debugging

Alexander Staubo alex at purefiction.net
Mon Oct 22 12:02:33 UTC 2007

> On 10/21/07, Eric Y. Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is a very nice idea.  The tester is attached.  You'll have to put
> > it in the src directory of darcs and add the following to GNUmakefile

Here's something that may or may not mean anything, but it looks relevant.

Every time I ctrl-C a hanging sshtester, the Darwin kernel log spits out:

  Oct 22 13:52:46 Albin kernel[0]: sbdrop - count not zero

According to a Darwin-kernel post [1]:

> It means that, in the process of clearing out a sockbuf (dropping a
> specified number of bytes), the mbuf chain ran out before the count
> got to zero. It used to be a panic, but has been replaced by
> printf/log. File a bug.

Someone else in the thread points out that there is a known bug that
may occur when a socket filter has been installed.

I have iStat Menus and Little Snitch installed, both of which monitor
network activity; Little Snitch, at least, monitors and intercepts
socket operations. There could be a connection.

I turned off both and I'm still getting the hangs, but a reboot might
be needed to get rid of them completely, which I will try later. Do
you have anything like this installed?

[1] http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darwin-kernel/2005/May/msg00011.html

Alexander.