[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Simplify writeHashFile function. (and 2 more)

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:55:20 UTC 2007

Some miscellaneous results of our issue553 debugging with David.  My
implementation of David's Workaround-enforcement idea is to make it so that you
have to import the functions qualified.  This is a little bit icky, but it does
have the extra benefit of making us extra-conscious where our code comes from.

I'd send the rest of it (actually using the enforcement) after my issue298
stuff goes in, as it will depend on it.  No point adding junk to the bundle.

Tue Oct 30 21:42:56 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Simplify writeHashFile function.

Tue Oct 30 23:28:55 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Modernise and enhance buggy renameFile workaround.

  Use the hierarchical library structure.
  Catch only 'does not exist' errors, passing everything else up.

Tue Oct 30 23:49:59 CET 2007  Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>
  * Add ability to enforce use of Workaround functions.