[darcs-devel] [issue540] wish: darcs remove -r to complement darcs add -r

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Thu Sep 20 15:46:04 UTC 2007

New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:

Darcs should have 'darcs remove -r' to complement 'darcs add -r'

The use case: I ran darcs add -r  only to find that it added many files I
intended to be boring. I wanted to undo that action and try again. "darcs remove
-r" would do that, but doesn't exist.

I used 'darcs revert -a' instead, but darcs surprised me by not using "remove"
as the 'revert' of 'add', but instead completely deleted all the files without
further warning! I'm not sure whether that's just my own confusion about
'revert', or a separate bug or just a case where an extra prompt would be helpful.

nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, markstos, tommy
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: wish: darcs remove -r to complement darcs add -r