[darcs-devel] darcs roadmap

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sun Sep 30 13:30:43 UTC 2007

Hi!

With few other devs we are in the designing phase for a new
(midsize--big) project...

For my private projects I use darcs and like it very much although
few times I experienced "exponential scaling issues".

Recently I saw the following patch "add format infrastructure for
darcs-2..." committed and I'm interested what is the roadmap for darcs,
i.e. whether the above patch is preparing ground for darcs-2.0 or we'll
see something in 1.x?

Any timeline planned?

My concern is simple - I wouldn't like to push darcs as vcs to other
devs and then hit FAQ-1 situation making other devs bitching for the
need to learn another (new) tool.

otoh, I'm familiar with darcs and would like to continue using it when
seeing that darcs-2.0 (or darcs-1x with new conflict. code) is on the
horizon.

Sincerely,
Gour