[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Little style change (avoid a bind+return). (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Apr 15 14:44:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:25:55PM +0000, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
> Sun Apr 13 16:23:18 CEST 2008  Nicolas Pouillard <nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com>
>   * Little style change (avoid a bind+return).

This change is buggy:  if and when type witnesses are supported in this
module, using a let binding will cause ghc's brain to explode.

> Mon Apr 14 23:45:59 CEST 2008  nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
>   * Extend a little color printing, and prettify hunks with mangenta and cyan.

Could you break this into smaller patches, please? This is a rather large
change, and I don't really have a clear picture of what all the parts are
doing.  It looks like you've mixed together some refactoring with some
changes from British to American spelling with some feature additions, and
I can't really distinguish which is which (well, I *was* able to identify
the spelling change, but I don't see any reason to include it).

Also, I don't see any mechanism to control whether this change in
formatting is used, which should really be there.  But since I haven't
compiled and run with this change (and can't tell what it does from reading
either the code or your description thereof), I don't have a clear idea how
garish it actually is.  I suspect that in any case we'll want to allow
users (using environment variables) to configure whether the extra
coloration is used.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University