[darcs-devel] Curl build issues

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Apr 16 14:22:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 01:47:28AM -0400, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> So, my recent efforts to Cabalize Darcs have been going fairly well. I
> now have a setup which allows me compile from an sdist tarball through
> Cabal and not the GNUmakefile. But there are some puzzling problems and
> changes.

Warning... I don't like cabal, and am unlikely to apply cabalization
patches without a decent reason.  I'm not sure what would qualify as a
decent reason, but the only reason I could imagine is a libdarcs.

On the other hand, I've recently been playing with writing a build system
in Haskell, which might be just the ticket for darcs.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University