[darcs-devel] Announcing DarcsWatch (with link)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Apr 17 18:14:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

sorry for the spam, but what I forgot in the first mail:
You can find DarcsWatch at:
                  http://darcswatch.nomeata.de/

A lot of haskell-related projects use the darcs version control system.
Darcs has the nice feature that you can easily submit a patch by e-mail,
usually sent to the project maintainer or a mailing list. What has
bothered me in the past was that I had to manually check whether my
patch was applied yet.

So this week, I wrote DarcsWatch. DarcsWatch receives submitted patches
and compares them to the repositories it knows about, whether the patch
is missing there or not. You either send your patches to DarcsWeb
directly when submitting them, using CC, or DarcsWatch is subscribed to
the project mailing list itself, which is the case for the darcs-devel
and xmonad lists. Other than that, not much is to do, and you’ll find a
nice overview of your patches with diffs and download links. For an
example, see:
http://darcswatch.nomeata.de/user_mail@joachim-breitner.de.html

If you want to use DarcsWatch for your contributions to other projects,
or for your own projects, have a look the documentation at
http://darcs.nomeata.de/darcswatch/documentation.html
There are probably still bugs around, and the problem of marking patches
as obsolete is not really solved yet, so if you have ideas about it,
mail me or come to #darcs on freenode. Patches are always welcome, you
can get the source from DarcsWatch’s repository, found at
http://darcs.nomeata.de/darcswatch/

Enjoy,
Joachim

--