[darcs-devel] darcs patch: configure.ac: restore bytestring to default (and 25 more)

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 03:51:18 UTC 2008

Mon Apr 14 17:59:56 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * configure.ac: restore bytestring to default

Mon Apr 14 18:01:18 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * de-haskell98
  This primarily involves modifying the import of System. This patch makes it clearer where imports are coming from. In addition, this simplifies cabal building a little bit.

Mon Apr 14 18:31:03 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * mess around with Setup.lhs a bit
  With an appropriate cabal file, we only need the configure script

Mon Apr 14 18:31:27 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Sealed.lhs: use OPTIONS_GHC for a ghc-only option

Mon Apr 14 22:33:17 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * +darcs.cabal
  This cabalization substantially works, however there are currently three outstanding problems:
  # For some reason, the syntax highlighting in diffs doesn't seem to work.
  # This does not work with OldFastPackedString.hs; I blame the configure script.
  # libcurl support is broken.

Mon Apr 14 22:38:04 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * rewrite stringify.hs
  This changes stringify: it now produces an 'unlines $ ["foo",..."bar"] sequence instead of "foo \n \" string literal sequence. The reason is that CPP doesn't not play well with string literals (see <http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/options-phases.html#cpp-string-gaps>), and it's needed to work with Cabal. It produces somewhat uglier source code, but that's not important and could be fixed.

Tue Apr 15 18:42:40 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * sectionize cabal file

Tue Apr 15 18:49:18 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * darcs.cabal: fix src-file names

Wed Apr 16 16:50:17 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * +darcs.buildinfo.in
  a buildinfo file is how the CPPFLAGS and ld options get smuggled from the configure script's shell variables into the cabal file. In other works, this file makes CPP work so we can work with the configure script and not try to duplicate it in Setup.lhs or darcs.cabal

Wed Apr 16 16:53:16 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Prefs.lhs: fmt

Wed Apr 16 16:58:08 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * .configure.ac: try to enable bytestring by default

Wed Apr 16 18:07:50 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * Sealed.lhs: -fglasgow-exts is only for GHC

Wed Apr 16 18:08:16 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * configure.ac: make sure the FFI options add to CPP flags

Wed Apr 16 18:08:49 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * configure.ac: mention buildinfo

Wed Apr 16 18:09:01 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * darcs.cabal: switch to Configure build-type for buildinfo

Wed Apr 16 18:09:20 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * darcs.cabal: expand the extra-source-files and data-files

Wed Apr 16 18:09:44 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * darcs.cabal: make sdist work
  This addes the list of modules, the necessary C source files, and linking information.

Wed Apr 16 21:54:54 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * configure.ac: fix bytestring checking
  This changes bytestring to be default. However it checks twice: if either --disable-bytestring is set or bytestring can't be found, it won't pass on CPP -DHAVE_BYTESTRING. So this should work for Dr. Roundy's lack of bytestring.

Wed Apr 16 21:56:57 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * darcs.cabal: add optimizations

Wed Apr 16 22:24:54 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * stringify.hs: oops, that version didn't actually work. scrap fancy lines/unlines solution

Wed Apr 16 22:41:33 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * ./src/hscurl.c: rm PACKAGE_VERSION
  I cannot figure out why this is a C error under Cabal, so I'm simply excising the offending two tokens. It doesn't seem like a very important thing - the user agent string will still correctly declare that it's curl fetching the files.

Wed Apr 16 22:45:39 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * darcs.cabal: bump cabal version up to 2.0.0

Wed Apr 16 22:52:40 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * improve darcs.cabal metadata

Wed Apr 16 23:00:40 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * strange. where did my de-haskell98 patches go? try restoring them

Wed Apr 16 23:02:05 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * fix wrong CPP flag in configure.ac

Sat Apr 19 23:49:03 EDT 2008  gwern0 at gmail.com
  * undo cabalization attempt