[darcs-devel] [issue809] Lazy the default?

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Tue Apr 22 15:30:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 14:29:25 -0000
Juliusz Chroboczek <bugs at darcs.net> wrote:

> I hereby object.  Lazy patch downloading is a stupid idea, it
> completely breaks Darcs' largest advantage -- easy disconnected
> operation.  Lazy should not be the default, it ought to need to be
> explicitly enabled by users who want the flexibility of CVS combined
> with the speed of Monotone.

AFAICT, it is not the default: by default it says, as soon as it can,
"from now on you can hit Ctrl-C to get a lazy repo", but it grabs the
whole repo.

So maybe it's just the manual that needs an adjustment.

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax    | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas    | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.