[darcs-devel] [issue988] 2.0.2 get on old repo format: darcs failed: Cannot remove non-empty file ./foo.jpg

Mark Stosberg bugs at darcs.net
Tue Aug 12 14:36:34 UTC 2008

New submission from Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com>:

Today I was trying to use darcs 2.0.2 to 'get' a repo in the 1.x format. It
eventually failed like this:

darcs failed:  Cannot remove non-empty file ./zoo/foo.jpg

The repo is unfortunately large and private and can't be made available.

I would understand if the resolution is that this is the result of a darcs 1.x
bug that darcs 2.x no longer produces, and can't cope with resolving.

Still, if there is a possible way for darcs 2 to workaround whatever the issue
is, that would be nice.

I think my workaround will be to "cp" the source repository instead of
re-getting it.

nosy: beschmi, dagit, markstos, tommy
priority: bug
status: unread
title: 2.0.2 get on old repo format: darcs failed:  Cannot remove non-empty file ./foo.jpg