[darcs-devel] [issue996] changes => darcs: bug in darcs!

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 14 12:10:41 UTC 2008

New submission from Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>:

I had what I thought was a complete copy of the darcs.net repository.

When I did darcs changes src/Lcs.lhs, I got (after a while...)

darcs: bug in darcs!

URL.urlThread: same URLs with different parameters

+http://darcs.net/_darcs/patches/0000000443-a2841e7f2a87564fff172cfe174ede03e332db60b5cd62b2fce80a684c1821a5
./darcs44946
+at src/URL.hs:127 compiled Aug 14 2008 12:40:05

I'm unable to check http://darcs.net/maintenance to see if this version is
supported.
If it is supported, please report this to bugs at darcs.net

If possible include the output of 'darcs --exact-version'.

This happens with libcurl 7.18.2 (and 7.15.5, for what it's worth)

Two other points:

First, I don't think I see this error message unless I run --debug (it just sits
there).

Second, prior to this I had moved away my ~/.darcs/sources, effectively
disabling my global cache.  Moving it back helped, although it still had to
fetch some patches from the website.  I'm a bit puzzled by this.  Hopefully, it
just means that I am confused and had gotten darcs lazily the first time.

nosy: beschmi, dagit, darcs-devel, dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, mornfall, simon
priority: bug
status: unread
title: changes => darcs: bug in darcs!