[darcs-devel] [issue1039] wish: detect seemingly unrelated repositories

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 28 08:40:46 UTC 2008

New submission from Eric Kow <eric.kow at gmail.com>:

This seems easy enough that we should consider doing it for 2.0.3.

Quoting Jason from issue1026:

The only other thing I can think of to help this bug is to add a
feature where you put a "unique" token somewhere in _darcs/*, perhaps
in _darcs/format, that is assigned during 'init'.  If you try to merge
two repositories that vary by token, then darcs says, "These
repositories seem to be unrelated, proceed? [y/N]"

nosy: Serware, arjanb, dagit, darcs-devel, kowey, serware, simonpj, thorkilnaur
priority: feature
status: unread
title: wish: detect seemingly unrelated repositories
topic: ReleaseCritical_2.0.3