[darcs-devel] [issue1046] Surprising behaviour: darcs rec /silly ↦ darcs rec

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 30 05:37:38 UTC 2008

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

Package: darcs
Version: 2.0.2-2
Severity: minor
Tags: upstream

While in a repo, I accidentally ran "darcs rec ~/foo" instead of
"darcs rec ./foo".  This resulted in the error:

    Ignoring non-repository paths: /home/twb/foo

which I expected.  What surprised me is that darcs went on to ask me
about all unrecorded changes -- as if I'd run "darcs rec".  I expected
it to simply return immediately, because none of the files listed on
the command line had unrecorded changes.

That is, I expected it to behave similarly to this:

   $ darcs rec ~/foo bar
   Ignoring non-repository paths: /home/twb/foo
   Recording changes in "bar":

   Ok, if you don't want to record anything, that's fine!
   $

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.25-2-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_AU.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_AU.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages darcs depends on:
ii  libc6                  2.7-13            GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libcurl3               7.18.2-5          Multi-protocol file transfer libra
ii  libgmp3c2              2:4.2.2+dfsg-3    Multiprecision arithmetic library
ii  libncurses5            5.6+20080804-1    shared libraries for terminal hand
ii  zlib1g                 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-12 compression library - runtime

Versions of packages darcs recommends:
ii  msmtp-mta [mail-transport-age 1.4.15-1   light SMTP client with support for

Versions of packages darcs suggests:
pn  darcs-server                  <none>     (no description available)

-- no debconf information

nosy: dagit, kowey, submit, twb
status: unread
title: Surprising behaviour: darcs rec /silly ↦ darcs rec