[darcs-devel] [issue1277] darcs add, remove, etc should report repository format errors as such

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Mon Dec 22 11:39:58 UTC 2008

New submission from Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>:

Current (bad) behaviour: If I do darcs add or remove in a repository with a
format darcs does not recognise (in this case darcs-2-experimental), it
complains that it is not in a repository.

Desired behaviour: it should complain that it does not recognise the format
darcs-2-experimental

Note that other commands do this just fine, e.g. darcs changes

[Note: this is what I would normally mark as a bug, but I'm trying to follow the
new convention proposed by Thorkil,
http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/BugTrackerIssueManagement so I'm putting this
down as a wishlist item... I hope I got it right]

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, jaredj, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: darcs add, remove, etc should report repository format errors as such
topic: ProbablyEasy, UI