[darcs-devel] [issue1291] darcs help: compress option list with --{no-}foo

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Mon Dec 29 01:37:38 UTC 2008

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

Not using --[no-]foo in the subject because roundup treats square
brackets specially.

>From the mailing list:

twb> For example, "darcs pull --help" would have the following.  I
twb> already have an (ugly) patch to sort the options.  Perhaps we
twb> should also simplify things by compressing the --foo and --no-foo
twb> or --dont-foo options, e.g. "--[no-]foo".  Incidentally, why do
twb> we have both --no and --dont prefixes?!

ben> Yes, I think we should compress negated options to --[no-]foo and
ben> -- [dont-]foo. Hopefully, this will make the options list
ben> visually easier to read. The descriptions should probably be all
ben> for the positive version of these options.

nosy: dmitry.kurochkin, kowey, simon, thorkilnaur, twb
status: unread
title: darcs help: compress option list with --{no-}foo