[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Append CPPFLAGS to GHCFLAGS in autoconf.... (and 4 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Feb 5 18:30:57 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 6:43 AM, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:05:55PM -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:
> > On Feb 4, 2008 4:30 PM, Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Some fixes and cleanups for configure checks.
> > >
> > > And fix for copyRemotesNormal - if we use copyUrlFirst the first patch
> > > is downloaded last. So we lock in waitUrl and progress indication stops.
> >
> > On a similar note, how can we make sure that all the right flags are
> > passed to ghci when using the 'make ghci' target?  For example, when I
> > enable type witnesses the flag to enable them in ghci is not passed.
> > I got around this by manually hacking my makefile.  There must be a
> > more elegant way to do this (and probably even easily for someone that
> > understands the build system).
>
> I'd have thought that this would work.  What change do you have to make to
> your makefile?

When I run darcs whats I see this:
hunk ./GNUmakefile 256
-       ghci $(filter-out -Wall,$(GHCFLAGS)) $(OPTLLDFLAGS)
src/darcs.lhs $(C_OBJS)
+       ghci $(filter-out -Wall,$(GHCFLAGS)) $(OPTLLDFLAGS)
-DGADT_WITNESSES src/darcs.lhs $(C_OBJS)

So it would appear that -DGADT_WITNESSES is not passed to ghci
normally.  This should be easy to fix, right?

Jason