[darcs-devel] [issue646] "put" creates a copy with unrecorded changes

Ori Avtalion bugs at darcs.net
Tue Feb 5 20:57:29 UTC 2008

New submission from Ori Avtalion <ori at avtalion.name>:

Using latest stable 1.1.0pre1.

Whenever I "darcs put" my repository, the copy contains unrecorded changes.
At one point the original repository, I renamed a file from "plugin.cpp" to
"detection.cpp".

The unrecorded changes in the copy contain a copy of plugin.cpp to
detection.cpp, and a deletion of plugin.cpp

While it's trivial to do "darcs revert", this shouldn't happen at all.

Here is the repository where the problem occurs: http://ori.avtalion.name/repos/kom/

Unfortunately, I was unable to create an isolated test-case. To reproduce, just
"darcs get" and "darcs put" it somewhere else.

nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, salty-horse, tommy
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "put" creates a copy with unrecorded changes