[darcs-devel] PatchPlugins / XML files

Allan Lyons allan at rahab.wycliffe.ca
Thu Feb 7 23:16:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

On http://wiki.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/PatchPlugins there is discussion
about different "atomic" patch types.  The page points out that test
files are different from binary files and suggests that those two cases
might be handled adequately.  It also points out that XML is different
from both text and binary.  (XML is kind of like text but the file might
have no line endings, patches really shouldn't break the
well-formedness of documents, etc.)

I've looked, but so far I haven't seen whether anything like treating
structured data like XML separately from text and binary has been
attempted.  Is anyone else interested in this sort of thing?

Or has handling XML in darcs already been addressed and I just haven't
seen it yet?

Thanks,

Allan.