[darcs-devel] [issue573] corrupted repository -- indelible "conflicting local changes"

Tommy Pettersson bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jan 2 18:05:18 UTC 2008

Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se> added the comment:

I'm terribly not updated on darcs right now, but I believe there
are no (known) important bugs that can mess up a "push only"
repo. A quick search gives:

  Sun Jan 28 01:22:06 CET 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
    * fix bug triggered in replace.sh
    This bug was an annoying one that seemed to involve trouble caused by
    unsafeInterleaveIO and the order of evaluation, since we change the working
    directory.  I've simplified the code significantly.  Complicating the debug
    process was a race condition caused by the lack of --ignore-times in
    replace.sh, which was because darcs replace didn't accept that option.

Is it a replace patch that triggers the bug?

There are a few cases where 1.0.9 can produce garbage in
_darcs/patches/pending, but I don't think this can happen in a
push-only repo unless one runs 'darcs changes --look-for-adds'
AND have an un-added file in the repo.