[darcs-devel] [issue573] corrupted repository -- indelible "conflicting local changes"

David Roundy bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 3 22:09:33 UTC 2008

David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> added the comment:

[helpful instructions snipped...]

> Unfortunately, the machine where things work okay is not the central
> development machine for the project.  ;-/

Alas, this is a most puzzling bug.  As you might imagine, I've been unable
to reproduce this.

Just to rule out some possibilities:

* Can you confirm that you actually untarred this on both machines, and ran
in that clean repo? (I'm wondering if timestamps or something
filesystem-specific might be playing a role here.)

* What happens if you add "apply --ignore-times" to the central repo where
this can be reproduced?

* Could you double-check (I looked in the tarball, but am trying to cover
bases here, since I'm confused) that the contents of _darcs/patches/pending
is either "{\n}\n" or empty?

* What sort of system is the system showing these symptoms? I'm thinking OS
and particularly whether it's running a 64 bit processor.  I don't see how
these would be relevant, but am grasping at straws here. Also, does the
other system--which doesn't display the bug--differ in any of these
regards? What ghc was used to compile darcs?
Department of Physics
Oregon State University