[darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre1, the first prerelease for darcs 2

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.za.net
Sat Jan 5 13:51:03 UTC 2008

* Dmitry Kurochkin <dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com> [2008-01-05 02:58:35 +0300]:

> > Also related to this idea:  can we adjust the order of downloads in the
> > queue? e.g. maybe I'd like to add a file towards the front of the queue
> > because I need it right now.  This might be doable if waitForURL could bump
> > up the priority of that URL, in case it hasn't yet been requested from the
> > server.
> Implementing priority is more difficult. There is no priority support
> in curl AFAIK. Maybe there is priority in libwww but I do not think

Wouldn't the use of pipelining mean that all of the requests should have
already been sent?

> Regarding the priority. Maybe we can get what something like this with
> a second connection to the server? One connection for high priority

This doesn't seem like a completely awful idea, but there should
probably be a way to disable this, as some HTTP servers do not want to
accept more than one connection at a time from the same source (among
other potential problems).