[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Libwww new API: waitUrl, copyUrlFirst added; copyUrls ...

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Jan 22 14:20:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:10:23AM +0300, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> 2008/1/21, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>:
> > Alas, I am now getting segfaults when I do a darcs pull over http with
> > libwww.  :(  I get this pretty reliably if I do
> >
> > darcs get http://darcs.net/repos/unstable
> > cd unstable
> > darcs obliterate --last 1000 -a
> > darcs pull -a
> >
> > (I've been running these slightly-crazy-length commands to test the
> > progress code.)
>
> Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this. Both get and pull run
> successfully. I tried obliterate-pull several times with different
> --last numbers.
>
> Can you send me core dump? At the moment I have no better idea on how
> to debug this.

I haven't got a core dump, how do I set linux to generate them?

Could it be that I've got a 64-bit machine? That should have been one of
the first things to come to mind.  If you are running 32-bit then it seems
likely that one of our FFI bindings isn't using the proper C type.

I'm running debian etch, fwiw.

> Also can this be some weird build issue? Have you tried clean build?

Yes, I've tried a clean build.  I'm trying now with a freshly gotten source
tree (in case there's a bug in our make clean target).
Department of Physics
Oregon State University