[darcs-devel] darcs patch: Libwww new API: waitUrl, copyUrlFirst added; copyUrls ...

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:26:19 UTC 2008

2008/1/22, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 12:10:23AM +0300, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> > 2008/1/21, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>:
> > > Alas, I am now getting segfaults when I do a darcs pull over http with
> > > libwww.  :(  I get this pretty reliably if I do
> > >
> > > darcs get http://darcs.net/repos/unstable
> > > cd unstable
> > > darcs obliterate --last 1000 -a
> > > darcs pull -a
> > >
> > > (I've been running these slightly-crazy-length commands to test the
> > > progress code.)
> >
> > Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this. Both get and pull run
> > successfully. I tried obliterate-pull several times with different
> > --last numbers.
> >
> > Can you send me core dump? At the moment I have no better idea on how
> > to debug this.
>
> I haven't got a core dump, how do I set linux to generate them?

Run "ulimit -c unlimited". Than "ulimit -c" should print unlimited and
segfault should generate core in cwd.

> Could it be that I've got a 64-bit machine? That should have been one of
> the first things to come to mind.  If you are running 32-bit then it seems
> likely that one of our FFI bindings isn't using the proper C type.

That can be the reason, unfortunately no 64-bit machine here. I will
double check FFI bindings.

> I'm running debian etch, fwiw.

I use Debian testing/unstable on one machine and Debian
unstable/experimental on another.

Regards,
  Dmitry