[darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre3

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Tue Jan 22 20:43:44 UTC 2008

We are happy to announce the third prerelease version of darcs 2! Darcs 2
features numerous improvements, and it seems that we have fixed most of the
regressions, so we're looking for help, from users willing to try this
release out. Read below, to see how you can benefit from this new release,
and how you can help us to make the final darcs 2 release the best ever!

The third prerelease features (apart from numerous bug and performance
regression fixes) a completely rewritten rollback command and new
progress-reporting functionality. If darcs takes more than a couple of
seconds for a given operation and provides you with no feedback as to what
it's up to, let us know, so we can fine-tune the progress-reporting output!

I would especially like to thank Mark Stosberg for his tireless work
triaging old bugs in our bug tracker and writing tests to be added to our
test suite for those still present!

For more details, and instructions on obtaining darcs 2.0.0pre3, see:

http://wiki.darcs.net/index.html/DarcsTwo

David