[darcs-devel] darcs patch: use UTC in date matching test untill mat... (and 1 more)

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Wed Jan 23 00:04:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 05:52:28PM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:37:33PM +0100, ptp at lysator.liu.se wrote:
> > Tue Jan 22 14:43:22 CET 2008  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
> >   * use UTC in date matching test untill match handles time zones
>
> I'm not entirely comfortable with this, as it hides the fact that we've got
> a real bug remaining.  I guess so long as we don't close it on the bug
> tracker, we'll not forget it... (and it's hardly fair that the test suite
> usually passes for me, just because I'm not too far from England and prefer
> not to work on the computer at night).

It's also a bit uncomfortable when a test fails some times but
not other times. For me the test fails between midnight and
01:00, which happens at times. :-)

> > Tue Jan 22 23:32:31 CET 2008  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
> >   * add regression test for amend-record removed file
>
> What does this test for? i.e. is there a bug that was fixed that this
> ensures doesn't return?

Yes, issue587. I forgot to put that in the name, sorry. This is
unfortunately a bug that is present in 1.0.10pre, but not in
1.0.9, and has been fixed in 2. It was introduced by the path
handling rewrite. I don't yet know what change fixes it, but
I'll have to pull or backport it into 1.0.10. I'm working on it.