[darcs-devel] [issue607] darcs get --darcs-2 oldrepo newrepo" doesn't work, or does when it shouldn't, or something

Zooko bugs at darcs.net
Wed Jan 23 04:45:11 UTC 2008

New submission from Zooko <zooko at zooko.com>:

Folks:

I ran "darcs get --help" and it suggested that I could use the option
"--darcs-2" to make the resulting repo be in the latest and greatest
format.

So I ran "darcs get --debug-verbose --verbose --darcs-2 tahoe tahoe-
darcs-2" on my Mac, and it took a long time and then said that it had
succeeded.  Then I ran the same command-line on my Windows laptop,
and it said "darcs failed:  Incompatibility with repository BLAHBLAH:
CAnnot mix darcs-2 repositories with older formats.".

So the I explored _darcs on my Mac and found that tahoe-darcs-2/
_darcs/format contains "darcs-1.0".

Then I looked at the wiki and it said that to convert from old to new
I should run "darcs convert oldrepository newrepository".

So now I'm pretty confused.  Maybe the "--darcs-2" option to the
"get" command shouldn't exist at all?

Regards,

Zooko

nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, tommy, zooko
status: unread
title: darcs get --darcs-2 oldrepo newrepo" doesn't work, or does when it shouldn't, or something