[darcs-devel] [issue589] buggy error message: Impossible case in darcs PatchRead.lhs or Patch/Read.lhs

Michael Abbott michael at araneidae.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 20:43:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, David Roundy wrote:
> Micheal, have you still got your repository/proxy combination that
> corrupts patches?
>
> If so, could you try this test again with the latest darcs 2? I've made
> a change that will (I think) improve the error message (by changing to a
> strict parsing), but I'd rather close this after hearing from you that
> it's good enough.

Alas, after I complained, the administrators fixed the problem (by adding
the web site to an exceptions list, the idiots, but you can't have
everything), so alas I can't reproduce the problem anymore!

However, come to think of it, I can reproduce it simply by trashing one of
the patches in place and running `darcs repair`.  Let's see...

Sorry, I'm going to need some advice: I can't figure out how to get your
latest version.  Running `darcs pull` tells me that I'm up to date, which
I suspect is because I'm on http://darcs.net/repos/stable ...
unfortunately a fairly quick search gives me no clue as to where the
current bleeding edge version of darcs is!  Sorry for being obtuse here.

I'll have a go some time tomorrow if you can point me in the right
direction.

> Thanks for your bug report!

P.S. The page http://www.darcs.net/manual/node3.html still refers me to
http://abridgegame.org/repos/darcs which is dormant;  I think ertai
(message 2538) said they'd made a patch to fix this?