[darcs-devel] performance measurements of "darcs get", "hg clone", and "rsync -r"

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Jan 25 21:33:47 UTC 2008

> Are you using Darcs' control master feature?

I measured the default behavior of "darcs get --darcs-2", "darcs get
--hashed" and "darcs get", with the matching formats of source
(remote) repositories.

> You should be able to see all the SSH commands
> issued by Darcs by adding "-v -v -v".

Actually, I did have "--verbose --verbose --verbose" on the command-
line, but nothing about ssh command was emitted, and in fact only 3
lines were emitted:

Writing working directory contents...
Copying prefs
Finished getting.

So there was no progress output during the long wait.

Regards,

Zooko