[darcs-devel] performance measurements of "darcs get", "hg clone", and "rsync -r"

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Jan 25 23:04:36 UTC 2008

> I presume you have a good reason not for allowing access via http?

No, I haven't.  Now that I think about it, my not-so-good reason is
that simply that it doesn't set _darcs/prefs/defaultrepo for me so
that I can subsequently "darcs push".  In other words, it just seems
natural to use ssh when you have the privilege of doing ssh to the
server, because it has strictly better access options.

So yes, advising my users to use http on get is a good work-around, too.

Regards,

Zooko