[darcs-devel] performance measurements of "darcs get", "hg clone", and "rsync -r"

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Fri Jan 25 23:10:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 04:08:09PM -0700, zooko wrote:
> >>The client machine running the "darcs get" is Windows, using the
> >>putty ssh executables, so I think they can't do the ssh ControlMaster
> >>feature.  I've added "--ssh-cm" to the command-line, and I can see
> >>that it is still doing an scp for each patch.
> >
> >Does sftp run on this machine?
>
> There is an executable named "sftp.exe" which is actually putty's
> psftp.exe, renamed.
>
> >Do you see darcs ever calling sftp?
>
> No.  Here is the full output:

Odd.  I'll have to look into this tomorrow.  Darcs should be using sftp for
a darcs get.  Is this using darcs-1 repositories? If not, could you recheck
with darcs1 repositories on both sides? Thanks!  (I checked similarly that
my copy of darcs2 uses sftp on darcs1 repositories.)
Department of Physics
Oregon State University