[darcs-devel] performance measurements of "darcs get", "hg clone", and "rsync -r"

Kevin Quick quick at sparq.org
Sat Jan 26 00:46:35 UTC 2008

Just throwing my 2 cents into this conversation: poor windows
performance due to exactly these ssh issues is one of the two main
reasons why I've been unsuccessful in generating sustainable interest
in using darcs @ my workplace (the other is line-ending support).
This would be a very good issue to resolve IMHO, and as Zooko points
out, I don't think we'd need anything as robust/featureful as a full
"ftp"-style application.

-KQ