[darcs-devel] Darcs2 problem

Andreas roever at users.sf.net
Mon Jan 28 16:50:20 UTC 2008

Hello everybody,

First I want to thank you for developing darcs. It really is a very good tool
that I now use for many years.

I've also taken the time to test the new darcs2 and I think I may have found a
problem.

I have 2 repositories A and B. B is bigger than A. It has all the patches from
A and some more.

Now I independently converted both repositories to darc2 format -> A2 and B2

When I now try to push or pull the additional patches from B2 to A2 all I get
is a

darcs: bug in get_extra commuting patch:
.....patch.....

I this supposed to work or did I do something wrong? If it is a bug, what
information would be useful (except for the complete repository)

I tried to make the problem a bit smaller because in the original 50 patches
are involved. I removed patched from B2 with unrecord and revert. I finally
found out that reverting one patch from B2 removes the complaint about a
different patch. I have appended one example of 2 patches where this happens
(still in darcs1 format). The one from November is the one the message above
complains about the one from December is the one that I have to remove to
make the message disappear.

Finally I did a last experiment. I tried to remove all additional patches in
B. I made a copy from B2: B3. I removed patches from B3 until the files were
identical with A2. When I now try to move patches from B2 to B3 I get the
same error.

Ok, I hope that all this sounds not completely like rubbish... If you need
more information mail me.

Andreas