[darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre3

Eric Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:09:22 UTC 2008

> I would suggest that strict get should be the default and lazy is a
> command-line option.

+1

I do that kind of thing (darcs get old new; rm -rf old) all the time!.
 Sometimes you just want to "reboot".  I suppose you could have the
same effect by doing a darcs add -rl and darcs revert, but somehow the
get and rm option seems more natural.  In any case, it's really nice
to think of the repositories as being completely interchangeable.

[that said, local copies being always strict, and remote copies being
lazy by default, as I think David was considering, would also be good
for me]
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9