[darcs-devel] [issue940] darcs failed: Error applying hunk to file

Zooko bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 1 19:40:43 UTC 2008

New submission from Zooko <zooko at zooko.com>:

When I run many "darcs query contents" in parallel on the same repository
(because multiple users are clicking on the trac-darcs web site, like
http://allmydata.org ), then I sometimes get this error:

Running (cd /home/source/darcs/tahoe/server-hashedformat; TZ=UTC darcs query
contents --quiet --match "hash
20080215012747-92b7f-46b20ea5a2f9ea5678b3f901f0818f8f61e9f97a.gz"
"src/allmydata/util/base32.py") failed: 2, darcs failed: Error applying hunk to
file ./src/allmydata/mutable.py :

If I run the same command on the command-line, or indeed most of the times when
I run it by clicking on the trac-darcs, this doesn't happen, but instead the
darcs query works normally, which suggests that there is a race condition in
which access to the darcs repository is not sufficiently locked.

nosy: beschmi, dagit, tommy, zooko
priority: bug
status: unread
title: darcs failed: Error applying hunk to file