[darcs-devel] [issue970] darcs check fails

Simon Peyton-Jones bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 24 21:37:21 UTC 2008

New submission from Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>:

Incidentally I expect you already know this, but 'darcs check' doesn't work (on Windows at least) on the GHC repo, even with darcs 2.0.  I recall something to do with a case error but I thought darcs 2 fixed that.  Maybe not.  Or maybe not with the existing GHC repo anyway.

Of course, for anyone who doesn't already know that 'darcs check' fails, it's terribly unsettling.  Is my repo so corrupt that it crashes darcs?  A more polite error message such as "You can't run check on this repository because..." would be much better.

Dump below.

PS: in my previous message about an infinite loop I should have said that I'm on Windows.  Apologies.

Simon

darcs2 check
Checking patch 5/19039 : Mon Jan  8 20:28:12 GMT Standard Time 1996  partain
Checking patch 6/19039 : Tue Jan  9 18:03:28 GMT Standard Time 1996  partain
Checking patch 12/19039 : Thu Jan 11 14:26:13 GMT Standard Time 1996  partain
Unapplicable patch:
Thu Jan 11 14:26:13 GMT Standard Time 1996  partain
  * [project @ 1996-01-11 14:06:51 by partain]

darcs failed:  File './ghc/includes/RtsTypes.lh' already exists!
sh-2.04$

files: unnamed
messages: 5252
nosy: beschmi, dagit, igloo, simonmar, simonpj, tommy
status: unread
title: darcs check fails