[darcs-devel] [issue904] record fails on sshfs (sshfs has no atomic_create)

Trent Buck bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jun 5 03:20:03 UTC 2008

New submission from Trent Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

darcs record fails on sshfs filesystems because sshfs does not (and
cannot, due to limitations of the underlying protocol, SFTP) implement
the atomic_create operation.  The attached transcript demonstrates the
failure.  For reference, I have also included analogous transcripts of
mercurial (hg) and git; the former works, the latter fails without
much explanation.

If it can be done easily and simply, I would like darcs to fall back
to whatever method hg uses (assuming it's safe) when atomic_create
isn't available.

files: typescript
messages: 4953
nosy: beschmi, dagit, tommy, twb
status: unread
title: record fails on sshfs (sshfs has no atomic_create)