[darcs-devel] [issue924] Unable to record patch to darcs

Michael bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jun 16 07:11:07 UTC 2008

New submission from Michael <ohtfqbgqnepfqbgarg.yeuhc at mamber.net>:

When I try to record a change to my local copy of the darcs repository I always
get an error during the record testcase.

I got my repository with
darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net

This happens both when I add a simple file or when I just add a line to the end
of the README file.

src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs:99:26:
    GADT pattern match in non-rigid context for `NilRL'
      Tell GHC HQ if you'd like this to unify the context
    In the pattern: NilRL
    In the pattern: Just NilRL
    In a case alternative:
        Just NilRL
          -> ((\ imp_funny_name
                   -> imp_funny_name
                        ("src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs", 99, "08:45:04", "Jun 16 2008"))
                _bug)
               "found no patches in mergeUnravelled"

I would expect that this should succeed since it's a change which should have no
influence on the binary.

I would expect that if the version of GHC which I have can't compile darcs, the
configure script should give a warning (it doesn't)

This is the information about mh GHC install

Name        : ghc                          Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 6.8.2                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 8.fc8                         Build Date: Mon 07 Jan 2008 10:49:12
PM CET
Install Date: Mon 02 Jun 2008 11:46:59 PM CEST      Build Host:
xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM: ghc-6.8.2-8.fc8.src.rpm
Size        : 3095704                          License: BSD
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 16 Jan 2008 03:32:43 PM CET, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://haskell.org/ghc/
Summary     : Glasgow Haskell Compilation system
Description :

Log file includes full set of actions to trigger this bug + also last entries in
darcs changes from repository to show latest update at time of darcs get

files: darcs-simple-patch-record-fail.txt
messages: 5048
nosy: beschmi, dagit, mikedlr, tommy
priority: urgent
status: unread