[darcs-devel] [issue935] make api-doc with haddock 2.1.0 fails due to comment misformatting

Michael bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jun 22 12:08:41 UTC 2008

New submission from Michael <ohtfqbgqnepfqbgarg.yeuhc at mamber.net>:

With the latest darcs from the source repository and a custom built haddock
2.1.0 I get the following error when trying to do make api-doc

src/DateMatcher.lhs:85:10: parse error on input `('
haddock: Failed to check module: DateMatcher
make: *** [api-doc] Error 1

I look at the appropriate line and it appears to be formatted to be interpreted
by haddock as a parameter declaration but I guess haddock doesn't understand the
type.

The following patch

hunk ./src/DateMatcher.lhs 84
        calB   = resetCalendar b_

 data DateMatcher = forall d . (Show d) =>
-       DM String -- ^ name
-          (Either ParseError d) -- ^ parser
-          (d -> CalendarTime -> Bool) -- ^ matcher
+       DM String --  name
+          (Either ParseError d) --  parser
+          (d -> CalendarTime -> Bool) --  matcher

 parseDateMatcher :: String -> IO (CalendarTime -> Bool)
 parseDateMatcher d = $

gets rid of the problem by making the comments not interpreted by haddock (full
"darcs send" version attached to this bug) but I'm not sure that's the right
thing to do at all.

files: darcs-haddock-hack.patch
messages: 5132
nosy: beschmi, dagit, mikedlr, tommy
priority: bug
status: unread
title: make api-doc with haddock 2.1.0 fails due to comment misformatting