[darcs-devel] [issue737] abysmal performance of annotate -- possibility of --last=n option?

Samuel Bronson bugs at darcs.net
Thu Mar 6 15:18:26 UTC 2008

New submission from Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail.com>:

I notice that it takes a LONG time if I run "darcs annotate
compiler/types/Type.lhs" in a checkout of
http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-hashedrepo/. It looks like darcs is trying to read
every patch ever, which is understandable but not very desirable...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have an option to only annotate based on the
last n patches (either that touched this file or just the last n from the
inventory...)

nosy: SamB, beschmi, droundy, kowey, tommy
priority: feature
status: unread
title: abysmal performance of annotate -- possibility of --last=n option?