[darcs-devel] rollback.sh

Mark Stosberg mark at stosberg.com
Sun Mar 9 00:17:44 UTC 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, zooko wrote:

> If I run this bash command line on Mac OS 10.4:
>
> $ perl shell_harness rollback.sh
>
> Then it runs the rollback.sh test and quickly finishes successfully.
>
> If I run this command-line:
>
> $ python -c 'import os;os.system("perl shell_harness rollback.sh")'
>
> Which does approximately the same thing, then it hangs indefinitely.

Very interesting. What if you apply the patch I sent to darcs-devel
recently? It just replaces the use of "yes | darcs rollback" with
"darcs rollback -a"

And which version of Python is in use?

For me, on Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10, the python syntax works with or without
that patch.

I have Python 2.5.1.

     Mark

--