[darcs-devel] [issue743] Adding _darcs/prefs/shared or further options to setpref

Michael Fellinger bugs at darcs.net
Sun Mar 9 15:47:21 UTC 2008

New submission from Michael Fellinger <m.fellinger at gmail.com>:

What I'd like to propose is a way to share more configuration among
repositories, setperf would do what i want but it has a too limited scope.

Something similar was put forward already:

http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2005-June/007786.html

I was trying to make a repo easier to get today, the issue being that essential
scripts are not being set executable. For now i have created a kind of hack that
does what --set-scripts-executable should do. However, that still has to be
executed separately and is not obvious.

I am aware of the security issues mentioned at:

http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2005-November/008777.html

but i don't think noop commandline parameters to darcs should be a problem in
this case.

nosy: beschmi, droundy, kowey, manveru, tommy
priority: wishlist
status: unread
title: Adding _darcs/prefs/shared or further options to setpref
topic: Darcs2, UI