[darcs-devel] darcs patch: add context to HashedRepo.copy_repo (and 2 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Mar 11 01:59:47 UTC 2008

David,

This patch bundle allows HashedRepo to compile with type witnesses.

The bad news is that the type I created to make this easier (Context),
doesn't provide as strong of guarantees as the usual approach.  But, I
do feel like this works fairly well here.  I can give context to PatchInfo's
and then take it away when it's no longer needed/helpful.

Please let me know what you think.  If you can think of ways to improve
this approach I'd be interested to entertain them.

I also did some reorganization in the process of getting the types
to work out that may not be strictly necessary.  I import ReadPatch
now in HashedRepo.  I import it from Patchy, but it should probably
be available from the same module that exports readPatch.  I'd be happy
to fix that up if you think it's the right thing to do.

Thanks,
Jason

Sun Mar  9 16:33:44 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * add context to HashedRepo.copy_repo

Mon Mar 10 18:01:44 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * make HashedRepo compile with type witnesses

Mon Mar 10 18:55:33 PDT 2008  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * Rename constructor of Context to match type name and make it a newtype.