[darcs-devel] Congrats: All Darcs-2 release-critical bugs resolved

Jules Colding colding at 42tools.com
Fri Mar 21 12:30:00 UTC 2008

On 21/03/2008, at 01.43, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> One bug I think deserves consideration for the 2.0 release is the
> failure to build on Windows. Our Windows/Cygwin buildbot continues
> to fail
> consistently:
>
> http://darcs.net:8008/windows-cygwin/builds/39/step-compile/0
>
> And we just got a very similar bug report for a build failure on
> Vista:
> http://bugs.darcs.net/issue751
>
> On the other hand, if there haven't been Windows developers around to
> fix such a basic issue in the last few weeks, perhaps we shouldn't
> expect them to appear soon to address it for a release.

I'm not a haskell developer so unfortunately I don't think I can help
fixing the build failure on windows, but I really believe that it
should be. It is critical to all considering to use or already using
darcs for software that builds on multiple platforms. But that aside,
it seems like it is simply zlib that is missing so maybe I can do some
good anyway. I'll take a look at building darcs on Windows when I get
back to my office after the easter holidays (late next week).

Best regards,
   jules