[darcs-devel] status of libdarcs?

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Thu Mar 27 00:14:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:49:41PM -0700, John Clayton wrote:
> Some of you may be aware there is a Mac OS X GUI for darcs taking
> shape over at darcheology.org. From the alpha we have running we know
> that performance over a pipe between darcs and Darcheology is going to
> be an issue, especially with long running repositories that have long
> lists of changes. We certainly plan on doing everything we can from
> the application side to improve on this, but I'm curious if libdarcs
> is still on anyone's mind, as this might give us some immediate
> improvements we'd be hard pressed to get in other ways. There are
> those of us who could contribute manpower if someone with a better
> grasp of the big picture was guiding the efforts.

Noone is working on it, but noone is opposed to the idea either.  It's not
a small project, and so far as I know, no two people who say "libdarcs"
mean the same thing.  If you want to work on a libdarcs, that would be
great.  I'd be happy to help you with design issues or coding issues.  I'm
unlikely to be enthusiastic about a libdarcs that has no actual benefits,
so you'd have to convince me that what you want is actually something
useful, but that's for everyone's benefit.
Department of Physics
Oregon State University