[darcs-devel] darcs2 pull fails with "bad hash" ... _darcs/_darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Mar 30 02:06:42 UTC 2008

When I try to use a recent "darcs2" build to pull from the unstable
repo, it fails like this:

$ darcs pull
Invalid repository:  http://darcs.net/repos/unstable-hashed

darcs failed:  Bad hash in http://darcs.net/repos/unstable-hashed/_darcs/_darcs/hashed_inventory

#####

See how "_darcs/" is included twice in the "bad" URL? That's weird.

I could supply the "--exact-version" of darcs2 that triggers this if it
would be interesting, or I consider it a kind of chicken-and-egg problem
that may have already been fixed in current builds, and that I can
resolve by starting over with a fresh copy of the unhashed repo, and
then a fresh darcs2 build.

     Mark