[darcs-devel] [issue772] bug in get_extra commuting patch

David Roundy bugs at darcs.net
Mon Mar 31 15:38:35 UTC 2008

So the problem is that you've got two changes with identical names (and dates,
etc) that describe different changes:

 Sat Sep 25 14:01:03 PDT 2004  lele
   * Rudimentale indice degli script

If you fix tailor to generate unique ids for patches, that would fix this.

This is a duplicate of issue27.  It's debatable whether this is a bug in darcs
or a bug in tailor.  Zooko would argue, I'm sure, that darcs shouldn't give you
the power to shoot yourself in the foot.  I tend to disagree.  I consider it an
feature that you (as the author of tailor) can precisely specify the patch ID of
patches you're converting.  Anyhow, an easy fix (what Zooko wants us to do in
darcs) is to add a bit of garbage into the long message of each patch.  If you
prefix this garbage with something reasonable, we may even add a feature to hide
that garbage from our users.

David