[darcs-devel] [issue837] darcs-2.0.0 build failure with ghc-6.8.2 on OS X 10.5.2

Gregory Wright bugs at darcs.net
Mon May 5 20:02:45 UTC 2008

Gregory Wright <gwright at antiope.com> added the comment:

Hi Nicholas,

My main goal is to make darcs-2.0.0 available through MacPorts, so I
can work
around the problem for the moment by explicitly disabling type
witnesses.

I'll have a look at the configure script and see what I can do to fix
it.  I was concerned
that something more might be going on.  The combination of Leopard and
ghc-6.8.2
have had many little problems.

Best,
Greg

On May 5, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Nicolas Pouillard wrote:

> Nicolas Pouillard <nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com> added the comment:
>
> It's  another  bug  in the configure script, where enabling some
> options cause
> type-witnesses  to  be  enabled.  Although  I don't know enough of
> autoconf to
> understand (solve) this issue.
>
> Excerpts from Darcs Bugs's message of Mon May 05 15:58:19 UTC 2008:
>>
>> New submission from Gregory Wright <gwright at antiope.com>:
>>
>> [originally posted to darcs-users; reposted to the bugs list.]
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've experienced an odd build failure of darcs-2.0.0 on OS X (10.5.2)
>> with
>> ghc 6.8.2.  The hardware is a MacBook Pro (2.6 GHz Intel, 4 GB RAM).
>>
>> Running
>>
>> $ ./configure
>> $ make
>>
>> gives a successful build.  But
>>
>> $ ./configure --with-docs
>> $ make
>>
>> fails with
>>
>> [ghc] src/Darcs/Patch/Read.o
>> [ghc] src/Darcs/Patch/Non.o
>> [ghc] src/Darcs/Patch/Real.o
>>
>> src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs:100:26:
>>     GADT pattern match in non-rigid context for `NilRL'
>>       Tell GHC HQ if you'd like this to unify the context
>>     In the pattern: NilRL
>>     In the pattern: Just NilRL
>>     In a case alternative:
>>         Just NilRL
>>           -> ((\ imp_funny_name
>>                    -> imp_funny_name
>>                         ("src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs", 100, "15:47:58",
>> "Apr 30 2008"))
>>                 _bug)
>>                "found no patches in mergeUnravelled"
>>
>> src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs:116:27:
>>     GADT pattern match in non-rigid context for `NilFL'
>>       Tell GHC HQ if you'd like this to unify the context
>>     In the pattern: NilFL
>>     In a case alternative: NilFL -> Just p
>>     In the expression:
>>         case sort_coalesceFL $ effect p of
>>           NilFL -> Just p
>>           _ -> Nothing
>>
>> src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs:135:32:
>>     GADT pattern match in non-rigid context for `NilFL'
>>       Tell GHC HQ if you'd like this to unify the context
>>     In the pattern: NilFL
>>     In a case alternative: NilFL -> Just (NilFL, mapFL_FL Normal xs)
>>     In the expression:
>>         case sort_coalesceFL $ effect goneby of
>>           NilFL -> Just (NilFL, mapFL_FL Normal xs)
>>           _z -> Nothing
>>
>> src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs:257:26:
>>     GADT pattern match in non-rigid context for `NilRL'
>>       Tell GHC HQ if you'd like this to unify the context
>>     In the pattern: NilRL
>>     In a case alternative: NilRL -> []
>>     In the expression:
>>         case reverseFL $ xx2patches ix xx of
>>           NilRL -> []
>>           Normal q :<: qs -> [Non (reverseRL qs) q]
>>           _ -> []
>>
>> src/Darcs/Patch/Real.lhs:371:82:
>>     deps  not in scope because it has a wobbly type (solution: add a
>> type annotation)
> [...]

nosy: +gwright